iOS: Navigate to the App Store on your mobile device and search “Blink Home Monitor”.
Android: Navigate to the Google Play store and search for “Blink Home Monitor”.
If you've already downloaded the Blink app, make sure you're on the latest version. On iOS, navigate to the App Store and tap the Updates button in the bottom righthand corner. If Blink has an available update, tap the Update button.
On Android, navigate to the Play Store and tap the curtain menu in the top left corner of the screen. Choose “My apps & games” and make sure you are on the “Installed” tab. Any apps that have an update available will appear at the top of this list.
2. Launch the Blink App and tap on Create a New Account. Enter a valid email address and your desired password. Dismiss the keyboard by tapping Return on the iOS keyboard or your Back button on Android, then select Create Account.
3. Your account has now been created! Tap “Go to Blink”.
II. Setting up the Sync Module Thanks to Blink’s wire-free design, the Sync Module is the only part of the system that will need to be plugged in!
1. Tap the Add a system button. A system consists of a Sync Module and one or more cameras.
3. Give your system a name such as “Home” or “Office”.
4. Tap the Sync Module in the bottom lefthand corner. You’ll want to make sure that your mobile device is connected to the same WiFi network that you plan to connect Blink to. You’ll also need to know your WiFi name and password and the serial number of your Sync Module. Tap the Ready button.
5. Enter the serial number of your Sync Module, or tap the camera icon to scan it with your phone’s camera. The serial number will begin with a 2 and can be located on the label on the underside of the Sync Module. Once the serial number has been entered, tap Continue.
6. The app will now ask you to plug in your Sync Module. Once you plug it in, wait about 30 seconds until you see a solid green light and a flashing blue light. When you have that light pattern, tap “I see a blinking blue light”.
7. You will now be directed to open up the Settings app on your phone and go to WiFi. Do that, and connect to the Blink-#### network.
8. Once you’ve connected to the Blink-#### network, go back to the Blink app by double tapping your home button and tapping Blink.
9. The app will pull up a list of available WiFi networks. Locate and tap your home WiFi network.
10. Carefully enter your WiFi password and tap Join on your keyboard.
11. Shortly after that, you’ll receive a message saying “Sync Module added!”. Your Sync Module should now display solid blue and green LEDs. Once you receive that message, tap Done.
IV. Adding your Camera(s) You will add your camera(s) one at a time. However, with Blink’s simple setup and multi-camera compatibility, you can easily add cameras to your system at any point down the road should you choose to start with one or purchase more later.
1. At this point, you should now be at your Blink home screen. Go ahead and tap the “Add a Blink camera” button.
2. Insert the batteries into your camera. The camera will blink red at this time. This is normal.
3. Enter the serial number of your camera, or tap the camera icon to scan it with your phone’s camera. Once the serial number has been entered, tap Continue.
4. On the next screen, you will be asked to name your camera. Go ahead and name it whatever you’d like and tap done on your keyboard.
5. Place the camera where you’d like it and tap the snapshot button.
6.You’ll now see a picture from your camera as well as its signal strength to both your wireless router and your Sync Module. Make sure you have at least 3 bars for each of these.
7. When you’re ready, tap Done in the upper righthand corner of the app.
8.You’ll now be back at the Blink home screen. If you have additional cameras to add to your account, repeat steps 1-7.
Now that you have connected everything to your account, check out our help article on mounting your camera here.
You can visit our First Time Usage section here for more information on using live view, motion detection and configuring notifications on your mobile device.