The following easy steps explain how to install and mount your Blink Floodlight. You must first have a Blink Outdoor camera set up in your Blink account before attaching the camera to the mount.
Your Blink Floodlight uses 4 alkaline D-cell batteries to operate and are already installed. You will need to remove the pull-tab in the battery compartment to activate power to the Floodlight. To access or replace the batteries, you will need to unmount the floodlight and twist the back cover open to expose the battery compartment.
Note: Other Blink outdoor cameras (XT or XT2) are not compatible with the floodlight. Click here for instructions on how to add your Outdoor camera to your account.
1. Twist to remove the back cover of the Floodlight mount and press the side buttons on the battery lid to open the battery compartment. Then remove the battery pull-tabs. If your pull tab is missing or broken, please ensure both positive and negative ends of each battery are clear of any coverings and then reattempt installation.
Once the batteries are installed, close the compartment and reattach the back cover. The LEDs will blink brightly once the back cover is attached, so it is advisable to look away to avoid direct light exposure.
2. Completely remove the back and USB port covers from your Blink Outdoor camera. Removing the USB cover will ensure you have an optimal weather resistant seal between the micro-USB cable and your camera.
Once the USB cover is fully removed, reattached the back cover on your Blink Outdoor camera. Click here to learn more about how to remove and attach the back cover on your Blink Outdoor camera.
3. Firmly plug the Floodlight's micro-USB cable into your outdoor camera, making certain that you have a tight seal on all sides.
The floodlight will self configure when you plug in your Outdoor camera and you will receive notifications on your mobile device that your floodlight is connected, as well as added to your camera. The notification on your Blink app home screen may only appear when you have a newly added outdoor camera and is not necessary for your floodlight to function correctly.
After your Blink Floodlight is added to your account, the app home screen will display two bulb icons at the bottom of your outdoor camera's thumbnail.
4. Snap your camera onto the mount.
5. You can mount your Blink Floodlight anywhere around your home using the included mounting kit and the 1 1/2" Phillips head screws, or take advantage of no-drill installation with the included mounting bracket. If you install the floodlight on vinyl siding, the curved top part of the metal bracket fits under the bottom of the siding panel.
|No-Drill Installation for Vinyl Siding|
The back cover and mounting bracket are designed for mounting on trees or fences. Once the bracket is mounted in a desired location, slide the floodlight left until it clicks into place. To remove it from the mount, push the tab on the left side of the bracket forward and slide the floodlight right.
The light panels on the floodlight can be adjusted up or down, as well as away from the Blink Outdoor camera, to provide maximum light coverage. In addition, the Outdoor camera can be adjusted on the mount for optimal viewing.
Deleting the Blink Floodlight
You can delete your Floodlight and continue to use the outdoor camera attached to it. This is accomplished by first disconnecting the Floodlight's micro-USB cable from your camera. Next, remove the camera from the Floodlight's mount and access the camera's settings. Learn more about Blink Floodlight app settings.
In the Camera Settings screen, tap the Delete Floodlight button and then DELETE to confirm the removal of the Floodlight from your system. The FLOODLIGHT section will then be removed from your camera's settings; however, your camera will remain operational in your system.