This article describes how to change your email, phone number, or password in the Blink app.
Before you can change your email, phone number, or password in the Blink app, you will prompted to enter your Blink account password. If you have forgotten your password, you'll need to reset it using the Forgot password? link. Learn more about resetting your password.
Updating your email address in the Blink app
How Do I Change My Blink Account Email Address?
These steps describe how to change your email address in the Blink app. Before you can change your email address in the Blink app, you will prompted to enter your Blink account password.
Once you can log in to your Blink account, follow these steps to change your Blink account email address.
- Go to Settingsin the footer of the Blink app and then select Account and Privacy.
- Your current email address displays under Account and Privacy at the top of this screen. Tap the email, and enter your account password in the security popup. Tap Submit. If you have forgotten your password, reset your password and then resume these steps.
- On the Change Email screen, enter your new email address and tap Change Email.
- A verification email will be sent to the new email address, and you must be able to access it to receive the verification code.
- The new email address cannot be an email address that is associated with another Blink account.
- If you don't immediately receive the code, wait 90 seconds until the Resend code button appears and then tap it to resend your code. You may have to repeat this process until the verification code comes through.
- Once you receive a verification email, enter the code and tap Verify.
- You are returned to the Welcome screen where you can log in with your updated email address.
Note: One email address can be used with your Blink account. If multiple users are sharing your Blink account login, they will be logged out once this is changed and will need to log back in using the updated email address.
If you are unable to access your email address, unable to change it using the steps above, or experience issues with the email updating process, contact customer service.
Updating your phone number in the Blink app
How Do I Change My Blink Account Phone Number?
- Tap Settings at the bottom of your home screen.
- Select Account and Privacy.
- On the Account and Privacy screen tap Phone number.
- You will be prompted to enter your Blink account password.
- On the Change Phone Number screen, enter your new number. You can also change the Text or Voice call options.
Note: The Text (SMS) option can only be used with mobile phone numbers and will not work with landline phones. Both mobile and landline numbers can be used with the Voice call option. We never market your information and only use your phone number to associate the device with the Blink app for your account security. Contact customer support if you have any concerns.
Once all of your new information is updated, tap Change Phone Number.
- You will receive a text or voice call verification on your updated phone number to complete the process.
Updating your password in the Blink app
How do I change my Blink account password?
Use these steps to update your password while signed in to your Blink app.
- On the Home screen, tap Settings and select Account and Privacy.
- Tap Password.
- The following message displays, "Please note that changing your password will require you to sign in again on all of your devices, as well as relink your Alexa and IFTTT accounts." Tap OK to continue.
- The verification code screen appears. A text message or an email will be sent containing a verification code. Once you enter the verification code, tap Verify.
- On the Change Password screen, enter your new password and re-enter it. Make sure to follow the password requirements listed on this screen and then tap Change Password.
- The main Welcome to Blink login screen displays again where you can enter your email and new password.
- After logging in, a final verification screen appears. Enter the code that is sent either via text or email and tap Verify.
- Optional: Tap the checkbox next to Trust this device so you won't have to enter the password every time you open the app.
Note: One password can be used with your Blink account. If multiple users are sharing your Blink account login, they will be logged out once this is changed and will need to log back in using the updated password.
If your phone number has changed and you are unable to change your password using the steps above or experience issues with the password reset, contact customer service.