When you first set up your Blink system, your system is Disarmed by default as shown in the image.
1. To arm your system, tap Armed in the middle lower part of the Blink app. To see how this appears, tap or mouse over the image below.
2. When your system is Armed, the Snooze and Motion Detection icons appear above each camera's Live View. When the system is Disarmed, these icons are hidden.
Snooze Motion Notifications is off by default and allows you stop being alerted to new motion, but does not prevent the recording of motion activated clips
- If it's blue, notifications are temporarily turned off for that camera.
- Snooze for 30 minutes, up to 4 hours.
- Learn more about Snoozing Motion Notifications.
Motion Detection is on by default and allows motion alerts to be sent to your
- If the running man is blue, Motion Detection is enabled.
- If it's gray , Motion Detection is turned off for that camera.
- The Motion Detection icon is helpful if you have multiple cameras in your system and you want to get motion clips from just one camera or specific cameras, but not all of them.
- If you switch your system between Armed and Disarmed, the setting of your Motion Detection icon will not change until you change it.
The Snooze icon and the Running man . Snooze lets you stop being alerted to new motion, but does not prevent the recording of motion activated clips. Click to learn about Snooze Motion Notifications.
Arming your system
Tap the Running Man icon to turn Motion Detection on or off for that camera.
A solid blue icon means the camera is actively watching for motion.
A lighter grey icon means the camera has motion detection turned off.
By Arming your system, and then selecting certain cameras, you get motion clips just from the areas you are interested in. For instance, you may want to be alerted to visitors at the Front Door, but not your dog running through the Garage. In this case your Home screen for the system will be similar to the image below.
The Running Man is active for the Front Door camera, and inactive for the Garage, even though the Home Front system is "Armed".
The Running Man remembers how you set it, so each time you Arm your system, the results are the same.
What if I want to change Motion Detection without Arming my system?
When your system is Disarmed, the Running Man is not visible. You can "Enable" Motion Detection from the device Settings screen when you tap it's settings icon on the Home screen. Click to learn more about how to adjust camera settings.
Please see our article on viewing motion clips and Live Views.
Click for information on receiving notifications when Blink detects motion.
Click to learn about Activity Zones so you can stop motion alerts from a part of the camera view.