Biometric Unlock - Android
Require Face ID - iOS
Require Touch ID - iOS
The biometric security features of your device can also be enabled for the Blink app. This optional feature helps prevent unauthorized persons from accessing your camera systems.
- Biometric Unlock or Require Face ID works when you are logged in to the Blink app, and have it enabled from the Settings screen.
- When you log out of the Blink app, Biometric Unlock or Require Face ID is reset to "Off."
- Each device running the Blink app has its own Biometric Unlock or Require Face ID setting.
Note: When Biometric Unlock is "On," Android devices are prevented from saving screen captures.
- This feature does not affect any device OS settings, and does not replace the normal Blink app login process.
- Once you are logged into the Blink app, and turn the Biometric Unlock setting "On," the app requests recognition before opening.
- If you log out of the Blink app, this setting is reset to "Off."
Note: If Biometric Unlock or Require Face ID is enabled on your mobile device for your Blink account, and someone else is using your mobile device, they will not have access to your Blink account. If your device does not have a biometric security feature, this setting has no effect.
To enable Require Face ID Unlock / Biometric Unlock / Touch ID Unlock
- From the Blink app Home screen, tap Settings to visit the Settings screen and select Account and Privacy.
- Tap the Require Face ID toggle "On" as shown below. Note: For Android devices, the toggle is named Biometric Unlock. iOS devices may also show Require Touch ID and if you're using a passcode, you will need to enter it.
3. Now, when you open the Blink app, it requests a recognition before opening. This will continue until you log out of the Blink app, or turn Biometric Unlock or Require Face ID "Off," by tapping the toggle again.