Notifications, or ways to alert you about updates when you do not have the Blink app open, are very similar across device operating systems. Android allows you to customize alert sounds per-app.
Certain Blink system alerts and events show you Push notifications according to your Notification Options. Motion alerts and doorbell presses create notifications that you can tap to enter Live View with two-way talk. The doorbell in Event Response will only allow tap for 60 seconds.
- Low Battery - Sent when camera battery State is ok and drops quickly to 2.5 or less; or it can send when two reports in a row show battery Status of 2.6 or less.
- Camera Offline Notification - If a camera is unresponsive for two heartbeats (approximately 30 minutes).
- Sync Module Offline - If a Sync Module is unresponsive for two heartbeats (approximately 30 minutes).
- Doorbell Offline -If a doorbell is offline for two heartbeats (30 minutes, or up to 48 hours in Event Response).
- Motion Alert - You can tap the motion alert to enter Live View in the Blink app.
- Doorbell Press - You can tap the notification to enter Live View.
See the article about notifications not showing up on Android devices here.
The Blink app provides notifications on your mobile device to tell you what is happening with your Blink account and Blink systems. Notifications from a smartwatch are controlled by the watch settings.
Change your Notification Options on the Settings screen when you tap the "gear" iconin the footer of the Blink app.
Then tap Notifications to view the "Notification Options" screen to access all of the settings.
Choose which events you want to receive notifications for and then tap the back arrow " < " to return to the Settings screen. The settings save automatically.
Certain actions like deleting a camera or camera system will create an email to confirm that the action was intended.
You can control what other mobile devices have access to your account. Click to learn more about how to manage devices with Account Access.