If your camera is recording motion events when there isn’t any motion, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:
- Note that the motion sensor detects changes in temperature in the camera's field of view. Sources of heat or cold could cause false triggers.
- Try moving the camera to a different location. This will isolate any environmental factors that may be triggering the motion sensor.
- Increase the Retrigger Time to 15 seconds. To do this, tap the settings slider above that camera. Under Motion Detection, you’ll see a slider for retrigger time.
Sometimes, if the camera has a weak connection to your wireless router, it can cause the camera to record false motion clips. Increasing the retrigger time should resolve this issue. You can also move the camera closer to your wireless router.
- If your camera is placed outdoors, it will be more prone to false motion alerts. When it is outside, the changing temperatures or moving objects at slightly different temperatures can trip the motion sensor.
- Lowering the sensitivity can solve this problem in certain cases, especially if it's been increased in the past. The default is 5; however, you can experiment with different settings.
- Power cycling the camera may also resolve this issue. Try removing and then reinserting the batteries or the USB cable connection.
If these troubleshooting steps don’t resolve your issue, use the Technical Support form to contact customer service and we will get back to you as soon as possible.