In order to be fully compatible with your Blink devices and to take advantage of all of your camera's features, it's extremely important to ensure that your Blink App version is kept current to have the most secure, best performing experience.
The most recent version of the Blink app is always available on your app store to download. Also, it is advisable to set your mobile device for automatic updates in the event the Blink app is deployed that way.
To automatically update apps on your iOS device:
- Start the Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Tap Software Update.
- Tap Automatic Updates.
- Turn on Automatic Updates by swiping the button to the right.
To automatically update apps on your Android device:
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- Tap Menu Settings.
- Tap Auto-update apps.
- Select an option:
- Over any network to update apps using either Wi-Fi or mobile data.
- Over Wi-Fi only to update apps only when connected to Wi-Fi.
Troubleshooting Blink app download and installation issues
The following will help you resolve issues you may encounter when trying to download and install the Blink app.
- Your mobile device must have sufficient free space in order for Blink app updates to be successful. This may require the deletion of other apps, videos and photos.
- Your device must also be have these minimal system requirements:
- An iOS mobile device, software version 12.5 or higher or
- An Android mobile device, running software version 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher or
- A Fire OS mobile device, running software version 5.1 or higher
Click here to learn more.
- You must be using a supported mobile device. For example, iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ and iPhone 5s are currently supported, but have been limited to iOS 12.5 by the manufacturer. Older iPhone models are not currently supported and will not run the Blink app, since they have been limited to older iOS versions. Click here to learn more about which devices are supported.
- Make certain the network connection on your mobile device is functional. If your mobile device has no connection to your Wi-Fi network or cell data, then you will be unable to install or update the Blink app. Since the Blink system relies on having good Wi-Fi signal strengths for optimal performance, you will also need ensure you have no connectivity issues. Click here to learn more about troubleshooting devices on Wi-Fi networks.
- If you have problems accessing the Apple App Store or Google Play to download the Blink app, you may need to check your login credentials or reset your password in certain cases. Click here to see how to download the most recent versions of the Blink app for your mobile device.