If you have just received a replacement Sync Module through our RMA process or are upgrading to a new Sync Module 2, you will need to delete the original Sync Module before you can add the new one to your existing system. You will not have to delete or add any cameras during this process. Once the new Sync Module has been added, you may use the system again immediately.
The following steps explain how to first delete your Sync Module.
1. To start, tap the "Sync Module" icon and you are sent to the Sync Module details screen.
2. Next tap Delete Sync Module.
You are then presented with a popup suggesting you contact Customer Service.
Dismiss the popup by tapping OK.
3. To delete a Sync Module, you are required to enter or scan its serial number. The number label can be found on the back of the Sync Module.
When entered, tap Continue.
4. You are presented with a final popup asking if you are sure.
5. As a final step, unplug the Sync Module to clear any old settings.
The Sync Module is deleted from your account. The System your Sync Module was attached to still exists, along with any associated cameras or other devices.
Once your older Sync Module is removed, you then have the option to add your new one in that same system.
1. From the home screen, tap the Add Device + icon.
2. The Add Device screen displays your device options.
3. The serial number is also printed as a QR code. To scan a QR code, the Blink app requires permission to access the camera on your mobile device.
Tap OK to permit the Blink app to scan the QR code, automatically entering the serial number. If you prefer, you can deny access to the camera by tapping Don't Allow and enter the serial number manually.
To learn where the QR code and serial number are, tap your product image at the bottom of the Scan QR Code screen.
4. Tap on an existing system that contained your deleted sync module, to add your new one.
5. The Add Sync Module screen will instruct you to plug in your Sync Module and then wait for the light pattern of blinking blue and steady green.
When you see this pattern on your Sync Module, tap Discover Device.
Note: If you don't see the above blinking blue light pattern, then you may need to reset the sync module. Click here for more information.
6. The Blink app needs to connect to the Sync Module's Wi-Fi network. It is named “BLINK-" followed by four digits from the Sync Module Serial Number.
Tap Join, then you are asked to join your local Wi-Fi network.
7. The Add Sync Module screen displays 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks within range. The Sync Module stores network information for devices that are added to its system. If you do not see your local Wi-Fi network, tap Refresh List at the bottom of the screen. You can troubleshoot Wi-Fi connections here.
8. When you tap your Wi-Fi network name, you are presented with a password entry field. Ensure that your password is correct before you enter it. Incorrect password is a common cause of difficulty getting started. Tap Join to continue.
9. When network setup is complete, you are notified on the screen. Tap Done to complete the install process and view the Blink app Welcome screen where you can see your existing cameras.
The system name should appear at the top of the Home screen. You are notified that the Sync Module has been added, the 'cloud' icon shows a green connection line indicating that the Sync Module is communicating with the Blink servers.