Use this article to understand how to use the Snooze function in the Blink app.
After arming your system, the Snooze icon appears above each camera thumbnail on the Home screen. Snooze allows you to temporarily pause motion notifications. This is useful if you are receiving too many Motion Detection notifications but you want to keep recording clips from that camera. The default snooze length is 30 minutes; however, you can select 1, 2, 3, or 4 hour snooze increments.
Note: Snooze is only available for the Wired Floodlight Camera, Outdoor, Indoor (gen 2), Mini, and Blink Video Doorbell.
Understanding the Motion Detection icons
Snooze Motion Notifications is inactive by default.
- If the bell is solid blue, Snooze is active and notifications are paused from that camera.
- Snooze for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
Motion Detection is active by default when you Arm your system.
- If the running man is blue, Motion Detection is active.
- If it's gray , Motion Detection is turned off for that camera.
- The Motion Detection icon is helpful if you have multiple cameras on your system and you want to receive motion clips from one or more specific cameras, but not all of them.
- If you switch your system between Armed and Disarmed, the Motion Detection settings will remain the same until you change them.
- When the camera's system is Armed, Snoozeappears next to the Motion Detection icon .
- By default, this icon is gray (Snooze is off).
- If Motion Detection is turned off , the Snooze icon will disappear automatically.
- Tap Snooze and the turns bell solid blue. A message displays asking you to choose how long you want the Snooze to last. Select 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- A checkbox allows you to apply the selected Snooze time to all other cameras on the system that currently have Snooze active.
- When Snooze is active, the icon turns solid blue . Tap an active snooze to end it early. A popup shows how much Snooze time is left, and gives you a button to End Snooze.
- The Snooze icon will switch back to gray.
- A checkbox is present if you want to end Snooze for all cameras on the system.
Alexa Snooze Notifications
Alexa will continue announcing events even if you have turned on Snooze notifications for your camera or system. To turn off Alexa Motion Announcements, follow these steps:
- Go to the Alexa app.
- Go to Settings > Device Settings.
- Select the device you want announcements to stop for.
- Under ANNOUNCEMENTS, turn off Motion Announcements.
If you want Alexa to resume announcing motion notifications, you must turn on Motion Announcements in the Alexa app.