- Do you have a 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network available?
Blink products use only 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n).
Many newer routers provide 5 GHz Wi-Fi, or switch between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz automatically. The Sync Module will not respond if it has been switched to a 5 GHz network.
- Make sure you are using the correct password for your Wi-Fi network. It is often printed on the router label, or a new one may have been created when your router was set up.
If the Wi-Fi network password has been changed, you will have to delete the system and set up your devices again. How to Delete a Camera.
- If you have forgotten or misplaced the password of your Wi-Fi router, follow the manufacturer instructions to reset.
- Make sure that your router is not blocking access to the Sync Module. This can happen if you are alerted that a device is attempting access but the name is not familiar. Blink devices are sometimes identified by their radio chip instead of the Blink product name.
- Do you use a virtual private network (VPN) on your mobile device? If so, please disable the VPN before you set up Blink devices. You can enable your VPN after you complete setup.
If you still have issues with VPN after setup, make sure your VPN server is in the same time zone as your device.
If these steps don't resolve the issue, please contact us.