Part 2 - Add a system with your App
Take the following steps to connect a Sync Module and create a System. The Sync Module is essential for camera function, it needs to be powered on and within "3 bar" range of both your Wi-Fi router and camera/device, at all times. Bars of connectivity are displayed on the Sync Module settings screen.
Note: This instruction asks you to connect to two Wi-Fi networks.
The first network is created by the Sync Module to communicate with Blink cameras and devices, and the second network you are asked to join is your Wireless internet. Your phone/mobile device should be connected to the same 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network you intend to connect the Blink system to.
1. From the home screen, tap the Add Device + icon.
2. The Add Device screen displays your device options.
3. The serial number is also printed as a QR code. To scan a QR code, the Blink app requires permission to access the camera on your mobile device.
Tap OK to permit the Blink app to scan the QR code, automatically entering the serial number. If you prefer, you can deny access to the camera by tapping Don't Allow and enter the serial number manually.
To learn where the QR code and serial number are, tap your product image at the bottom of the Scan QR Code screen.
4. Create a new system by tapping the text entry box and providing a name.
Tap Done to continue.
5. The Add Sync Module screen will instruct you to plug in your Sync Module and then wait for the light pattern of blinking blue and steady green.
When you see this pattern on your Sync Module, tap Discover Device.
Note: If you don't see the above blinking blue light pattern, then you may need to reset the sync module. Click here for more information.
6. The Blink app needs to connect to the Sync Module's Wi-Fi network. It is named “BLINK-" followed by four digits from the Sync Module Serial Number.
Tap Join, then you are asked to join your local Wi-Fi network.
7. The Add Sync Module screen displays 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks within range. The Sync Module stores network information for devices that are added to its system. If you do not see your local Wi-Fi network, tap Refresh List at the bottom of the screen. You can troubleshoot Wi-Fi connections here.
8. When you tap your Wi-Fi network name, you are presented with a password entry field. Ensure that your password is correct before you enter it. Incorrect password is a common cause of difficulty getting started. Tap Join to continue.
9. When network setup is complete, you are notified on the screen. Tap Done to complete the install process and view the Blink app Welcome screen where you can now add a camera.
The system name should appear at the top of the Home screen. You are notified that the Sync Module has been added, the 'cloud' icon shows a green connection line indicating that the Sync Module is communicating with the Bink servers, and you can now tap the plus symbol + to add a device.
If completed correctly, you now have a Sync Module and its system ready for connection to cameras or other Blink devices. Continue to the next step.