Part 2 - Add a system with your App
Once you have the App installed, you are ready to add a system and then attach a Sync Module to it. In the next step you will add devices.
Take the following steps to create a system, and then connect a Sync Module. The Sync Module is essential for camera function, it needs to be powered on and within range of your Wi-Fi router at all times.
Note that the process asks you to connect to two Wi-Fi networks.
The first network is created by the Sync Module to communicate with the camera, it is named "Blink-" plus four digits corresponding to the Serial Number of the Sync Module.
The second network you are asked to join is your Wireless internet.
1. On the home screen, tap the Add Device + icon.
2. The Add Device screen displays three options.
3. After you choose Blink wireless system, the next screen opens your device camera to capture the QR code of the Sync Module.
You may need to give permissions for the Blink app to access your camera. Tap OK to scan the QR code, or you can deny access and enter the serial number manually.
To learn where the QR code and Serial Number are, tap your product image at the bottom of the Scan QR Code screen.
4. Create a new system by tapping the text entry box and providing a name.
Tap Done to move on.
5. The Ready Sync Module screen will instruct you to plug in your Sync Module and then wait for the light pattern of blinking blue and steady green.
When ready, tap Discover Device.
6. Join the Blink app to the Sync Module's Wi-Fi network named “BLINK-" followed by four digits from the Sync Module Serial Number.
7. Select the network you use to connect to the internet and tap Join.
The Add Sync Module screen displays 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks within range of the Sync Module. The Sync Module stores network settings for devices that are added to its system and uses the internet to communicate with the Blink servers.
8. Enter your Wi-Fi internet network password.
When setup is complete, you are notified on the screen.
9. Tap Done to complete the install process and view the Blink app Home screen where you can then add a camera.
The system name now appears at the top of the Home screen.
Tap plus + to add a device.
If completed correctly, you are now ready to add cameras to your system. Click here to go to the next step.