Blink setup is easy, but please follow these steps in order.
Installation of the Blink app and devices follows the same sequence regardless of the operating system your device is running. Now let’s get started!
The most recent version of the Blink app is always available in your app store.
Blink supports most smartphones, tablets, and many Alexa enabled products.
Follow the link or scan the QR code to access the most recent Blink app download.
*If you can't locate the Blink app iOS 6.15.0, please refer to this article: End of Support for Android Version 5 - iOS Versions 12 and 13
To Get Started with the Blink app, follow the instructions below:
1. Launch the Blink App and tap Create Account at the bottom of the screen.
2. Select your country from the drop-down menu and tap Next.
3. Confirm your region and tap OK.
A region is pre-selected based on your IP address.
4. Enter a valid email address, and tap Next.
5. Create a password and tap Create Account.
The password requirements are listed at the bottom of the screen.
6. Complete the multi factor account verification process.
Enter the PIN from the email we sent you and tap "Verify".
New Account PIN
New Account with Expired PIN
PIN codes are valid for 40 minutes. After one minute, the "Resend PIN Code" option appears.
When you have verified your email address, the app configures your SMS text phone number to send alerts and for account verification.
When you are presented with a Phone number entry screen, tap the Phone number entry line to bring up a keypad.
Select your country code from the menu that is displayed when you tap the flag icon next to the Phone number entry line.
Enter the phone number you wish to use for device verification and tap "Next".
If you prefer to not use SMS, the PIN code can be read to you by an automated Voice call instead.
To choose this option, select "Voice call" and tap "Next".
Note: The SMS text option should only be used with mobile phone lines and will not work with landlines. Blink ONLY uses this number to positively associate your device to the Blink app - to make sure the person making changes is you. Your information is private and will not be used for additional purposes or shared with third parties.
At this point, an SMS Text message containing the PIN code is sent to the phone number, and the PIN entry screen is opened for you.
Example SMS Text Message:
Enter the PIN from the SMS Text message we sent you and tap "Verify".
PIN codes are valid for 40 minutes. After one minute, the "Resend PIN Code" option is presented.
Verify SMS PIN
Verify with PIN
When the verification step is complete, you are prompted to link your new Blink account to your Amazon account, by tapping on the "Link Accounts button". This is an optional step. Click to learn how to link your accounts at a later time.
You also have the option to select "Skip" which will take you to the home screen, without linking your accounts.
Then sign into your existing Amazon account or create a new one if needed. The link is then established between accounts and click Next.
You will then be able to proceed to the next step of setting up your sync module.
II. Setting up the Sync Module
Thanks to Blink’s wire-free design, the Sync Module is the only part of the system that will need to be plugged in!
Add a Sync Module and create a system
1. From the home screen, tap the Add Device + icon.
2. The Add Device screen displays your device options.
3. The serial number is also printed as a QR code. To scan a QR code, the Blink app requires permission to access the camera on your mobile device.
Tap OK to permit the Blink app to scan the QR code, automatically entering the serial number. If you prefer, you can deny access to the camera by tapping Don't Allow and enter the serial number manually.
To learn where the QR code and serial number are, tap the "Help me find my QR code and serial number" link at the bottom of the Scan QR Code screen.
4. When the QR code is recognized, you are asked to create a new system by tapping the text entry box and providing a name. Tap "Done" to continue.
5. The Add Sync Module screen will instruct you to plug in your Sync Module and then wait for the light pattern of blinking blue and steady green.
When you see the pattern on your Sync Module, tap Discover Device.
Note: If you don't see the blinking blue light pattern, then you may need to reset the sync module. Click for instructions to reset the Sync Module.
6. The Blink app needs to connect to the Sync Module's Wi-Fi network. It is named “BLINK-" followed by four digits from the Sync Module Serial Number.
Tap Join, then you are asked to join your local Wi-Fi network.
7. The Add Sync Module screen displays 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks within range. The Sync Module stores network information for devices that are added to its system. If you do not see your local Wi-Fi network, tap Refresh List at the bottom of the screen. You can troubleshoot Wi-Fi connections here.
8. When you tap your Wi-Fi network name, you are presented with a password entry field. Ensure that your password is correct before you enter it. Incorrect password is a common cause of difficulty getting started. Tap Join to continue.
9. When network setup is complete, you are notified on the screen. Tap Done to complete the install process and view the Blink app Welcome screen where you can now add a camera.
The system name should appear at the top of the Home screen. You are notified that the Sync Module has been added, the 'cloud' icon shows a green connection line indicating that the Sync Module is communicating with the Blink servers, and you can now tap the plus symbol + to add a device.
*You will be asked to provide a code before running the test. Enter in the code "BLNK".
III. Adding Camera(s)
1. To add a Blink Indoor or Outdoor camera, tap the Plus symbol + on the app home screen.
2. Select the Blink wireless camera option.
3. Scan the QR code sticker, found inside the back cover.
Click here for detailed instructions on removing the back cover.
4. When the serial number is recognized, you are shown the camera onboarding screen.
When the setup is complete and you are notified of success, tap Done.
Click here if you receive an error "Unable to Connect to Sync Module" when adding cameras to a system.
If your Blink and Amazon accounts are not already linked, you will be prompted to link your device to your Amazon account, by tapping on the Link Accounts button. This is necessary in order to take full advantage of subscriptions, after the initial trial period expires. You also have the option to select "Skip" which will take you to the home screen, without linking your accounts. Click here to learn how to link your Blink and Amazon accounts another time.
Then sign into your existing Amazon account or create a new one if needed. The link is then established between accounts and click Done to go to the Home screen.
If you are unable to add a camera, please click here for troubleshooting steps.
When a camera is first installed, the serial number is entered for the camera name, and its thumbnail image is blank.
Tap the camera name to change it, enter the new name, then tap OK to save.
Tap the thumbnail icon to take a new thumbnail image. The thumbnail remains until you refresh it with this button. With a doorbell, the thumbnail image is refreshed when the ringer button is pressed.
Click to learn more about using the Blink app.
To add more Blink cameras, tap repeat the steps in Part III. Adding camera(s)
Now that you have connected everything to your account, click to learn about Camera Placement, or check out our Using Your Blink System for an introduction to using the Blink app and all of the features of your new Blink system like using Live View, arming your system for motion alerts, and configuring notifications on your mobile device.