Before you can change your email address or phone number in the Blink app, you will prompted to enter your Blink account password. If you have forgotten your password, you'll need to reset it using the Forgot password? link. Learn more about resetting your password.
Updating Your Email Address in the Blink App
These steps describe how to change your email address in the Blink app. Before you can change your email address in the Blink app, you will prompted to enter your Blink account password.
Once you can log in to your Blink account, follow these steps to change your Blink account email address.
- Go to Settingsin the footer of the Blink app and then select Account and Privacy.
- Your current email address displays under Account and Privacy at the top of this screen. Tap the email, and enter your account password in the security popup. Tap Submit. If you have forgotten your password, reset your password and then resume these steps.
- On the Change Email screen, enter your new email address and tap Change Email.
- A verification email will be sent to the new email address, and you must be able to access it to receive the verification code.
- The new email address cannot be an email address that is associated with another Blink account.
- If you don't immediately receive the code, wait 90 seconds until the Resend code button appears and then tap it to resend your code. You may have to repeat this process until the verification code comes through.
- Once you receive a verification email, enter the code and tap Verify.
- You are returned to the Welcome screen where you can log in with your updated email address.
Note: One email address can be used with your Blink account. If multiple users are sharing your Blink account login, they will be logged out once this is changed and will need to log back in using the updated email address.
If you are unable to access your email address, unable to change it using the steps above, or experience issues with the email updating process, contact customer service.
How Do I Change My Blink Account Phone Number?
What if I no longer have the phone number associated with my Blink account?
If your phone number has changed, or you can't access the phone number associated with your Blink account, contact customer support for assistance. Please note, you must be with your Blink devices in order for customer support to assist you.
- Tap Settings at the bottom of your home screen.
- Select Account and Privacy.
- On the Account and Privacy screen tap Phone number.
- You will be prompted to enter your Blink account password.
- On the Change Phone Number screen, enter your new number. You can also change the Text or Voice call options.
Note: The Text (SMS) option can only be used with mobile phone numbers and will not work with landline phones. Both mobile and landline numbers can be used with the Voice call option. We never market your information and only use your phone number to associate the device with the Blink app for your account security. Contact customer support if you have any concerns. Once all of your new information is updated, tap Change Phone Number.
- You will receive a text or voice call verification on your updated phone number to complete the process.