SMS text messages and voice phone calls are now part of our Multiple Factor Security account protection. Blink ONLY uses this number to positively associate your device to the Blink app - to make sure the person making changes is you. Your information is private and will not be used for additional purposes or shared with third parties.
The following steps explain how to update your phone number within the Blink app.
- Tap on the Account icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Then select the "Phone number" option.
- You will then be prompted to enter your Blink account password.
- On the Change Phone Number screen enter your new number. You can also change the Text or Voice call options below.
Note: The Text (SMS) option can ONLY be used with mobile phone numbers and will not work with landline phones. Both mobile and landline numbers can be used with the Voice call option. We never market your information and only use your phone number to associate the device with the Blink app for your account security. Please contact us if you have any concerns.
Once all of your new information is updated, tap the Change Phone Number button.
- You will then receive text or voice call verification on your updated phone number to complete the process.