Blink setup is easy, but please follow these steps in order. Now let’s get started!
1. To download the free app or to update to the latest version, use the appropriate button below for your device.
If you've already downloaded the Blink app, make sure you're on the latest version.
- On iOS, tap the Updates button in the bottom corner of the App Store app. If Blink has an available update, tap the Update button.
- On Android, tap the curtain menu in the top left corner of the screen. Choose “My apps & games” and make sure you are on the “Installed” tab. Any apps that have an update available will appear at the top of this list.
2. Launch the Blink App and tap on Create Account.
3. You will then be asked to Choose your region. This is important because it determines that your systems connect to the right server. Select your region and then tap OK.
4. Next, enter a valid email address and your desired password. Then select Create Account.
You can also follow our video guide here!
1. Tap the Blink logo to begin.
2. Tap the Add a System button. A system consists of a Sync Module and one or more cameras.
3. Give your system a name such as “Home” or “Office” and then tap Done.
4. Tap on Add Sync Module in the bottom left corner. You’ll want to make sure that your mobile device is connected to the same WiFi network that you plan to use with Blink.
5. You’ll also need to know your WiFi name and password and the serial number of your Sync Module. Tap the Ready button.
6. Now it's time to enter the serial number of the Sync Module. There are two ways to do this. The Blink app will ask to access your camera so you can scan the QR code on the back of the Sync Module or, tap Enter Serial Manually to type in the serial number yourself.
The serial number will begin with a 2 and be located on the back sticker.
7. The app will now ask you to plug in your Sync Module. Once you plug it in, wait about 30 seconds until you see a solid green light and a flashing blue light. When you have that light pattern, tap Yes.
8. The app will prompt you with “Blink wants to join WiFi network Blink-####”. Tap join.
9. Once your device connects to the Blink network, you’ll be given a list of WiFi networks in range of your Sync Module. Select your WiFi you wish to use with Blink and enter the password. Then tap Join.
10. Shortly after that, you’ll receive a message saying “Sync Module added!”. Your Sync Module should now display solid blue and green LEDs. Once you receive that message, tap Done.
III. Adding Camera(s)
You will add your camera(s) one at a time. However, with Blink’s simple setup and multi-camera compatibility, you can easily add cameras to your system at any point down the road should you choose to start with one or purchase more later.
1. Now you’ll be at your Blink home screen. Go ahead and tap the “Add a Blink device” button.
2. You will be prompted to remove the back battery cover on the camera and insert batteries. Then, tap “Ready”.
3.Next the Blink app will ask for access to your devices camera. This is so you can scan the QR code on the back of the camera or, tap “Enter Serial Manually” to type in the serial number.
4. While your camera is added, the Blink app will show you some helpful tips for positioning your camera. Once its added successfully, tap “Done”.
*For XT2 camera ONLY – at this point you will get an extra screen (shown below) that will ask you to grant the Blink App access to your microphone. This is required to use 2-way audio and talk to whoever you see on camera.
5. Now you are back at the main screen of the Blink app. You’ll see some arrows pointing out options with your newly added camera.
- The camera is named after the serial number by default. Tap on the serial number at any time to change the name.
- The top right icon is the camera settings. This is where you can find information and adjust specific settings. Read more about camera settings here!
- The bottom left is the icon for Live View. This will give you a live stream in real time of whatever this camera is looking at.
- Next, tap on the Photo icon in the bottom right. This will take a photo of whatever this camera is looking at. That way, you have visual representation of where this camera is located.
To add more Blink cameras, tap on the same “Add a Blink Device” button and walk through the same steps under part III. Adding camera(s)
Now that you have connected everything to your account, check out our Using your Blink System section for help with mounting your cameras and an introduction on how to use the app and all of the features of your new Blink system like using live view, arming your system, and configuring notifications on your mobile device.
If you ran into any issues and were unable to get your system set up, please check out our Troubleshooting section on how to correct any issues you may have run into.