We've released a new Alexa Skill for Blink, now enabling you to use Live View right from your Echo Show, Spot, FireTV, Fire Cube and Fire Tablets*. This Alexa Skill is currently only available in the US, Canada, UK, and Germany.
- To get started, Open the Alexa app and search for "Blink SmartHome". Tap into that Skill
- Tap the Enable button. This will pull up a Sign In page. Here, we will need to enter in the email address and password that you use for your Blink account.
- Once linked, you'll get a message saying "Blink SmartHome has been successfully linked."
- Close this screen by tapping the X icon in the upper righthand corner of the screen. You'll then be presented a popup saying "Smart Home devices must be discovered before they can be used with Alexa".
- Tap the Discover Devices button. This will take about 20 seconds, and will located all of the Blink cameras on your account.
That's all you need to do to get Blink working on your Echo Show, Spot, or Fire Tablet. You can now say "Alexa, show me my [camera name] camera" to pull up a live feed of whichever Blink camera you'd like. When you're done watching Live View you can say "Alexa, hide my [camera name] camera". For detailed screenshots and instructions above, please refer to the following article here.
You can also say "Alexa, show me the last activity from the [camera name]" to see your most recent video clip from that Blink camera.
To view on your FireTV, FireTV stick, or Fire Cube, use the phrase "Alexa, show me [Camera Name] camera on FireTV". This will let Alexa know which camera to view on your FireTV. When you're done watching Live View, you can say "Alexa, hide my [Camera Name] camera."
*Supported Fire Tablets are Fire HD 8, Fire HD 10, Fire (7"), Fire (8"), and Fire (10")