We've released a new Alexa Skill for Blink, now enabling you to use Live View right from your Echo Show and Spot devices. Please note that this is a separate Skill, so you'll still need the original "Blink for Home" skill for your speaker only Alexa devices.
This Alexa Skill is currently only available in the US, Canada, UK, and Germany. We will be adding this support to other regions in the near future.
- To get started, Open the Alexa app and search for "Blink SmartHome". Tap into that Skill
- Tap the Enable button. This will pull up a Sign In page. Here, we will need to enter in the email address and password that you use for your Blink account.
- Once linked, you'll get a message saying "Blink SmartHome has been successfully linked."
- Close this screen by tapping the X icon in the upper righthand corner of the screen. You'll then be presented a popup saying "Smart Home devices must be discovered before they can be used with Alexa".
- Tap the Discover Devices button. This will take about 20 seconds, and will located all of the Blink cameras on your account.
That's all you need to do to get Blink working on your Echo Show and Spot. You can now say "Alexa, show me my [camera name] camera" to pull up a live feed of whichever Blink camera you'd like. When you're done watching Live View you can say "Alexa, hide my [camera name] camera".