Use this article to help with receiving Blink automated emails.
Account security emails are sent from email@example.com.
They are authentic and meant to provide peace of mind.
Here is a list of events when you can expect to receive automated emails from Blink.
Account security emails from Blink
New Account Creation
New user accounts created in the Blink app require an email verification process.
A new device logs into your Blink account
Any new mobile device that accesses your Blink account generates an email describing the device.
Blink System was deleted
When a system on your account is removed, you will be notified. The email includes the deleted system name.
Sync Module was deleted
When a Sync Module is deleted, the email includes the serial number and the name of the system it was attached to.
Camera was deleted
When a camera is deleted, the email includes the name of the deleted camera and its serial number.
Account was deleted
When an account is deleted, an email is sent to you describing this action.
Email was updated
When an account email address is changed, an email message is sent to the original address describing this action.
Forgot Password is treated as a password reset request. When you start this process, an email is sent to your account containing a password update link that is valid for 24 hours.
Password was updated
When your account password is changed, an email is sent to you describing this action.
Blink email troubleshooting
I never received the email
One of these could cause the email to not appear in your inbox:
- The destination email server rejected the message.
- The destination email server received the message, but chose not to accept it because of security measures such as spam filter results, reputation issues, blacklisting, etc.
- The ISP is throttling inbound messages and has not yet accepted mail from Blink.
What can I do?
- Use your email search to find firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Add email@example.com to your email contacts list.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to the Approved Sender list.
- Search the Promotions category in case it was auto-categorized.
- If you're able to locate the email within another tab or folder, drag the email into your primary inbox. From then on, Gmail will continue to route Blink emails to your primary inbox.
Adjust settings in your webmail app
How to add Blink as a contact
- Visit https://contacts.google.com
- Click the button Create Contact and select Create a contact.
- Enter email@example.com as the contact email.
- Tap on Settings from within your account.
- Then tap Filters.
- Select your Yahoo account in the Edit filter screen.
- Create a new filter that delivers all messages sent from firstname.lastname@example.org to your Inbox. Then tap the Checkmark when you're done.
How to unblock an email sender
Email services such as Hotmail, MSN, Outlook.com, Gmail and Yahoo Mail can block emails that include "no-reply" as the sender. In a case when your email account needs to be verified, and emails from email@example.com aren't received in your inbox, you will need to unblock it in your email preferences.
- Go to Settings.
Select View all Outlook settings.
Select Junk email.
- In the Blocked Senders and domains section, you'll see a list of senders that you've blocked in the past.
- To remove an address, select the trash can next to the email address.
- Select Save.
- Close the Settings window.
- In the upper right corner, click the gear icon and select See all settings.
- From the top menu, click Filters and Blocked Address.
- This page will show you a list of all of the email addresses you have blocked. Find the address you’d like to receive emails from again, and click unblock.
Confirm that you want to unblock this email address to start seeing their messages in your inbox again.
Go to Settings and click on More Settings on the bottom right of the screen.
Click on Security and privacy in the left navigation to view any blocked addresses.
Then click on the Contacts icon in the top left of the Home screen and Add a new contact at the bottom.
Enter the name Blink and firstname.lastname@example.org in the email field.
Click Save to create the new contact.
- Go to Settings on the top right of the screen and click on Email Settings.
- Select Filter Rules from the left menu and click on the Add new rule button.
- In the Create new rule screen enter a new name such as Blink.
- Under Conditions select:
Sender/From | Is exactly | email@example.com.
- Sender/From | Is exactly | firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In Actions, choose Keep which is the default option.
- Under Conditions select:
- You will see your new rule listed in the Mail Filter Rules screen.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please contact Blink Technical Support.