What is the Battery Extension Pack?
The Outdoor 4 Battery Extension Pack increases the battery capacity for the Outdoor 4 camera through the addition of a pair of AA lithium-metal batteries, for a total of 4 AA batteries.Delete
What are the benefits of attaching the Battery Extension Pack to my Outdoor 4?Once the Extension Pack is installed, you can do more with your Outdoor 4 camera without frequent battery replacements, such as:
- More frequent and extensive Live View sessions.
- Increased clip recording length
- More frequent two-way audio use
- Enhanced resolution and night brightness
- Longer battery life with regular use
Does the Extension Pack come with batteries?
Yes. The Extension Pack comes with four, 1.5V AA lithium-metal batteries.Delete
Does the Extension Pack work with cameras other than Outdoor 4?
No. This Extension Pack is only compatible with the Blink Outdoor 4 camera.
Note: Indoor 1st Gen, XT, XT2 and Outdoor 3rd Gen are not compatible.
What accessories can I use with my Outdoor 4 camera when the Battery Extension Pack is attached?Once the Battery Extension Pack has been attached, the Outdoor 4 Camera is only compatible with the pre-packaged mount.
- The Blink Silicone Skin can not be used along with the Battery Extension Pack.
- You can not plug a USB power cable into the Outdoor 4 while the Battery Extension Pack is attached.
Do I need a special mount for my Outdoor 4 camera to use it with the Battery Extension Pack?
No. The mount that comes pre-packaged with the Outdoor 4 is fully compatible with the Battery Extension Pack.
Note: An Outdoor 4 Camera with an attached Battery Extension Pack is not compatible with the right angle adapter.
Is the Battery Extension Pack weather-resistant?
Yes. The Battery Extension Pack is weather-resistant.Delete
How do I access the serial number on my Outdoor 4 once it's installed?Once the Extension Pack is installed, the Device Serial Number (DSN) and QR code sticker is covered. In the unlikely event you need to access the DSN or QR code after installing the pack, here are a few tips to keep track of your camera’s serial number:
- Make a note of the camera's DSN before installation so you can enter it manually if necessary.
- If none of the previous options are available, disconnect the Battery Extension Pack from the camera to access the DSN or QR code sticker and re-attach it to the camera.
How long do the batteries last?
Outdoor 4 cameras that use the Battery Extension Pack can expect battery life of up to 4 years based on default settings. Battery life will vary based on device settings, use, and environmental factors.Delete