Before you begin setting up your Blink devices, it's essential to ensure that you meet all the required system and device specifications.
Mobile Device Requirements:
Supported Personal Devices*: iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android device, Fire OS mobile device, Echo Show, Echo Dot, Fire TV, and Stick.
* Please note that Blink products are strictly for non-commercial use, and NDAA compliance is not implied or assured.
Mobile Operating System Requirements:
Your mobile device must be on the following software versions or higher in order to use the Blink app:
Wi-Fi Network Requirements:
- 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n
Non-cellular 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network:
Blink devices are not compatible with MiFi devices or personal Wi-Fi hotspots provided by cellular network providers such as T-Mobile, Verizon, etc. Please ensure that you have a separate Wi-Fi network (with a name and password) and a high-speed internet connection (DSL, Cable, Fiber) with a minimum upload speed of 2 Mbit/sec per Blink device.
- IP Configuration: DHCP
- Wi-Fi Security: WEP, WPA, WPA2 with TKIP SSID
Note: Blink does not support satellite internet due to high latency issues.
- The Sync Module requires a standard electrical outlet for power.
- The Sync Module 2 requires a USB drive for local storage functionality.
- The Blink Mini camera needs to be connected to a standard electrical outlet for power supply.
Additional Requirements and Limitations:
- A valid email address: Ensure you provide a valid email address as it will be used for password resets, communication regarding any issues, and receiving time-limited account verification codes.
Note: Blink products are unable to access the internet on networks that require authentication through a third-party login website.
The latest version of the Blink app is always available in your app store. Blink supports most smartphones, tablets, and many Alexa-enabled products.
Select the app store link to download the latest version of the Blink app.
How to Update your iOS and Android devices
In order to run the latest version of the Blink app, it's important your mobile device meets the minimum system requirements.
How to auto update your mobile devices
The easiest way to keep the app version of your mobile device current is to turn on the Automatic Update option in your device settings:
- Learn more about how to turn on or turn off automatic updates on the Apple's Support page.
- Learn more about how to update all Android apps automatically on Google Play Help.