Yes! Blink cameras have an 850nm infrared (IR) LED light to show you clear video in areas of complete darkness. This feature is known as Night Vision. When enabled, your camera will be able to view and record in a low light or non-lit environment.
Note: Placing your camera on a deep ledge or beside any reflective surface can result in glare that can impact image quality. Learn more about camera placement.
Using Night Vision
- Tap Settings above your camera's Live View thumbnail on the home screen and select Video and Photo Settings.
- In the Night Vision menu select Auto, On, or Off.
- Tap Save in the top right to retain your selection.
You can fine-tune intensity depending on how strong you want the IR LED light to shine while using Night Vision.
- Low - Low intensity is better for areas that aren't as dark but you want to use Night Vision.
- Med - Medium intensity is good for most environments where you want to use Night Vision.
- High - High intensity is better for extremely dark areas or areas where almost no light occurs.
You can use Live View to test your settings and select the best options for your situation.
Learn more about device settings in the Blink app.