Here are some common troubleshooting steps if email is not being received.
Firstly, electronic mail involves layers of systems that are beyond our control, but common issues are easily resolved. We first look at sending the message to the right place, then making sure it isn't filtered out for some reason.
If the email did not arrive:
There are a few reasons that email does not show up in an inbox.
- The destination email server rejected the message outright
- The destination mail server received the message, but chose not to accept it because of spam filter results, reputation issues, blacklisting, etc.
- The ISP is throttling inbound messages and has not yet accepted our mail
Blink sends the verification email from firstname.lastname@example.org and some spam filters block anything from "no-reply@".
- Use email search to find "email@example.com"
- Add "firstname.lastname@example.org" to the contacts list
- Add "email@example.com" to the Approved Sender list
- Search the "Promotions" tab in Gmail, in case it was auto-categorized
- In Gmail, when you drag the Blink email into your Primary Inbox, Google will remember and continue to route Blink email there.
How to add Blink as a contact
1. Click the Plus Sign - Create a new contact
2. Click on "Create a Contact"
3. Enter "firstname.lastname@example.org" as the contact email, then click "Save"
1. Tap on Settings from within your account.
2. Then tap Filters.
3. Select your Yahoo account in the Edit filter screen.
4. Create a new filter that delivers all messages sent from "email@example.com" to your Inbox.
How to unblock an email sender
Email services such as Hotmail, MSN, Outlook.com, Gmail and Yahoo Mail can block emails that include "no-reply" as the sender. In a case when your email account needs to be verified, and emails from "firstname.lastname@example.org" aren't received in your inbox, you will need to unblock it in your email preferences.
- Go to Settings.
Select View all Outlook settings.
Select Junk email.
- In the Blocked Senders and domains section, you'll see a list of senders that you've blocked in the past.
- To remove an address, select the trash can next to the email address.
- Select Save.
- Close the Settings window.
- Click the gear icon and open Settings
Once you’re logged into your Gmail account, click the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner. From the drop-down menu, select Settings.
- Click Filters and Blocked Addresses
From the top menu, click Filters and Blocked Address.
- Click unblock
This page will show you a list of all of the email addresses you have blocked. Find the address you’d like to receive emails from again, and click unblock.
Lastly, confirm that you want to unblock this email address to start seeing their messages in your inbox again.
Go to Settings and click on "More Settings" on the bottom right of the screen.
Click on "Security and privacy" in the left navigation to view any blocked addresses.
Then click on the Contacts icon in the top left of the Home screen and add a new contact at the bottom.
Enter the name "Blink" and "email@example.com" in the email field.
Then click Save to create the new contact.
- Go to Settings on the top right of the screen and click on "Email Settings".
- Select "Filter Rules" from the left menu and click on the Add new rule button.
- In the Create new rule screen enter a new name such as "Blink".
Under Conditions select "Sender/From" "Is exactly" and enter "firstname.lastname@example.org".
For Actions chose "Keep" which is the default option.
- You will then see your new rule listed in the Mail Filter Rules screen.