Blink cameras have an 850nm infrared (IR) LED light to show you clear video in areas of complete darkness. If Night Vision is enabled, your camera will be able to view and record in a low light or non-lit environment.
Using Night Vision
- Tap Settings above your camera's Live View thumbnail and select Video and Photo.
- In the Night Vision select On, Off, or Auto.
- Your selection saves automatically when you exit.
Off- Use this setting if you do not want your camera to use Night Vision.
- For example, if the area has an automatic floodlight, selecting Off will show you color HD video when it is completely dark.
On- This setting causes your camera to always be in Night Vision mode.
- For example, this may be useful for a basement or crawlspace where there is no light but you want video.
- Auto - This option is selected by default. Auto turns the IR LED On when the available light is low, and turns it Off when there is enough light to show you a good image.
You can fine-tune intensity depending on how strong you want the IR LED light to shine while using Night Vision.
- Low - Low intensity is better for areas that aren't as dark but you want to use Night Vision.
- Med - Medium intensity is good for most environments where you want to use Night Vision.
- High - High intensity is better for extremely dark areas or areas where almost no light occurs.
Use Live View to test your settings and select the best options for your situation.