Mobile device and Wi-Fi requirements
|Personal Devices*||iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android device, Fire OS mobile device, Echo Show, Echo Dot, Fire TV and Stick|
iOS 14 or higher
Android v6.0 or higher
Fire OS v7.0 or higher
|High Speed Internet||Type: DSL, Cable, Fiber
Upload Speed: 2 Mbit/sec or more
(Satellite internet not supported)
(Mi-Fi devices or personal Wi-Fi hotspots used by cellular networks not supported)
|Wi-Fi Security||WEP, WPA, WPA2 with TKIP SSID|
* Blink products are strictly for non-commercial use, and NDAA compliance is not implied or assured.
- A valid email address. Note: You will use this email in the event of a password reset, for communication with us regarding any issues, and for receiving time-limited account confirmation codes. Please be sure it is easily accessible.
- A non-cellular 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network (name and password) and high-speed Internet connection (DSL, Cable, Fiber) with a minimum 2 Mbit/sec upload speed. Unfortunately, due to high latency issues, we do not recommend using Blink with Satellite providers.
- Note: Blink products are unable to gain internet access on networks that require authentication through a third-party login website.
- The Sync Module requires a standard electrical outlet to provide power.
- The Sync Module 2 requires a USB drive in order to use local storage.
- The Blink Mini camera requires a standard electrical outlet to provide power.
Current Blink App Versions
The latest version of the Blink app is always available in your app store. Blink supports most smartphones, tablets, and many Alexa-enabled products.
Select the app store link or scan the QR code to download the latest version of the Blink app.
*If you can't locate the Blink app iOS 6.15.0, please refer to this article: End of Support for Android Version 5 - iOS Versions 12 and 13