Here are some common troubleshooting steps if you're not receiving your Blink verification email.
Blink sends the verification email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the Blink verification email does not arrive
One of these could cause the email to not appear in your inbox:
- The destination email server rejected the message.
- The destination email server received the message, but chose not to accept it because of security measures such as spam filter results, reputation issues, blacklisting, etc.
- The ISP is throttling inbound messages and has not yet accepted mail from Blink.
What can I do?
- Use your email search to find email@example.com.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts list.
- Add email@example.com to the Approved Sender list.
- Search the Promotions category in case it was auto-categorized.
- If you're able to locate the email within another tab or folder, drag the email into your primary inbox. From then on, Gmail will continue to route Blink emails to your primary inbox.
Adjust settings in your webmail app
How to add Blink as a contact
- Visit https://contacts.google.com
- Click the button Create Contact and select Create a contact.
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org as the contact email.
- Tap on Settings from within your account.
- Then tap Filters.
- Select your Yahoo account in the Edit filter screen.
- Create a new filter that delivers all messages sent from email@example.com to your Inbox. Then tap the Checkmark when you're done.
How to unblock an email sender
Email services such as Hotmail, MSN, Outlook.com, Gmail and Yahoo Mail can block emails that include "no-reply" as the sender. In a case when your email account needs to be verified, and emails from firstname.lastname@example.org aren't received in your inbox, you will need to unblock it in your email preferences.
- Go to Settings.
Select View all Outlook settings.
Select Junk email.
- In the Blocked Senders and domains section, you'll see a list of senders that you've blocked in the past.
- To remove an address, select the trash can next to the email address.
- Select Save.
- Close the Settings window.
- In the upper right corner, click the gear icon and select See all settings.
From the top menu, click Filters and Blocked Address.
This page will show you a list of all of the email addresses you have blocked. Find the address you’d like to receive emails from again, and click unblock.
Confirm that you want to unblock this email address to start seeing their messages in your inbox again.
Go to Settings and click on More Settings on the bottom right of the screen.
Click on Security and privacy in the left navigation to view any blocked addresses.
Then click on the Contacts icon in the top left of the Home screen and Add a new contact at the bottom.
Enter the name Blink and email@example.com in the email field.
Click Save to create the new contact.
- Go to Settings on the top right of the screen and click on Email Settings.
- Select Filter Rules from the left menu and click on the Add new rule button.
- In the Create new rule screen enter a new name such as Blink.
- Under Conditions select:
Sender/From | Is exactly | firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sender/From | Is exactly | email@example.com.
- In Actions, choose Keep which is the default option.
- Under Conditions select:
- You will see your new rule listed in the Mail Filter Rules screen.