For Outdoor and Indoor (gen 2) cameras, the batteries and serial number-QR code sticker are found inside the back cover. The serial number is required to add any device to a system.
Before trying to remove the back cover, you must remove all mounts or accessories. This includes any third party accessories or attachments.
Your camera may have a silicone disc covering the screw that secures the back cover.
The screw slot allows you to use a coin, or the included opening tool, to unscrew the back.The opening tool can be used to unscrew the camera back.A plastic film is present on new cameras.
Remove the film before camera use.
Remove the back cover to open the camera:
1. If it is present, remove the silicone protective cover from the fastening screw, and keep it for future use.
2. Use the included opening tool, to turn the screw counter-clockwise (turning to the left) until the screw spins freely.
3. Apply side pressure on the opening tool to gently pry the cover loose. As shown in the illustration, be careful to hold the camera on its side, to allow the cover to come off.
3.a. (Accessibility) Another way to remove the back cover is to attach the right-angle adapter, then pull gently to lift the camera's back cover off.
Secure the back cover to close the camera:
1. Align the guide notches as shown, and gently hold the cover in place.
2. Turn the screw clockwise (turning to the right) approximately three turns, or until snug. Take care to prevent over-tightening. The cover should be flush with the camera body.
This article will show you how to remove the battery cover from your new Blink XT camera. You can also watch a video on how to remove it by clicking here.
1. Hold the camera so that the back is facing you.
2. You'll notice a grey switch with an arrow facing toward the bottom of the camera. Slide and hold that in the direction of the arrow.
3. While doing this, pull up on the battery cover with your thumb. This may require some force as the camera is air tight.
4. Lift the battery cover off of the camera.
That's it, you can now insert the batteries and access your camera's serial number.
The latch to remove the back cover of the Indoor (gen 1) camera is on the bottom. Slide the latch to release the battery cover.
Click here to learn how to remove the battery cover from the Blink Indoor and Outdoor camera.