Using the Blink SmartHome Alexa skill, you can monitor and control your Blink system with hands-free voice commands through compatible Alexa-enabled products. All you need to do is enable the Blink SmartHome skill in the Alexa app!
Note: You must link your Blink and Alexa accounts in the Blink app before you can enable the Blink SmartHome skill.
To get started, make sure you:
- Have the latest version of the Blink and Alexa apps, and that your Alexa-enabled device is up-to-date.
- Have an Alexa account in one of our supported markets (United States, Canada, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Italy, and Germany).
- Have Amazon Kids mode disabled for your Alexa-enabled devices. Learn how to turn off Amazon Kids mode.
Enable the Blink SmartHome Alexa Skill
- Open the Blink app and tap Settings in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Tap Account and Privacy .
- Tap Link to Alexa.
- Tap Open Alexa App.
- On the BLINK SMARTHOME screen, tap ENABLE TO USE.
- Enter the email address and password associated with your Blink account. Then, tap Continue.
- Enter the verification code sent to the mobile phone number associated with your Blink account. Then, tap Verify Code. If you do not receive a verification code within 2 minutes, tap Resend Code.
- Tap CLOSE. Alexa then begins to discover your Blink devices. If Alexa fails to discover your Blink devices automatically, you can connect your devices manually.
- After Alexa discovers your Blink devices, you’ll be asked to create a 4-digit voice code. This code is used to disarm your Blink system. If you do not set up a voice code, you will not be able to use Alexa to disarm your Blink system. Learn more about setting up or changing your Alexa Voice Code.
Now you're ready to monitor your Blink system, hands-free, with Alexa voice commands!
Discover Alexa Features
You can ask Alexa to announce doorbell presses, show you a live view (with compatible Alexa-enabled screen devices), arm or disarm your system, and much more.
Looking for something specific?
Explore all supported Alexa features.
Doorbell Press Notifications
"Someone is at your front door."
You can have your Alexa-enabled devices announce your doorbell presses.
Live View and Two-Way Audio
"Alexa, show me the patio."
You can see live views from your Blink cameras on Alexa-enabled devices such as Amazon Echo, Fire TV, and Fire Tablet devices.
Arm and Disarm
"Alexa, arm home."
You can arm and disarm your Blink system using your voice with your Alexa-enabled devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I download the Alexa app?
The Alexa app is available from Amazon in most app stores, like the Amazon App Store, Apple App Store, Google Play Store, and Microsoft Apps for Windows 10+.Delete
How can I use my Blink devices in Alexa Routines?
You can use your Blink devices in Alexa Routines. To learn more, visit Alexa Routines.Delete
Do Blink products support or make use of Amazon Sidewalk?
No, Blink products do not currently support or make use of Amazon Sidewalk.Delete
View all frequently asked questions.
- Manually discovering your Blink devices in the Alexa app
- Why is Alexa asking me to provide a Voice Code?
- Why is Alexa announcing my old device's name?
See more Alexa troubleshooting tipsgf.