Use this article to understand how to use the Snooze function in the Blink app.
After arming your system, the Snooze icon appears above each camera thumbnail on the Home screen. Snooze allows you to temporarily pause motion notifications. For example, if you are receiving too many Motion notifications from your camera, you can Snooze the motion notifications but the camera will still record clips. The default snooze length is 30 minutes; however, you can select 1, 2, 3, or 4 hour snooze increments.
Note: Snooze is only available for the Wired Floodlight Camera, Outdoor and Indoor (3rd Gen), Mini, and Blink Video Doorbell.
- When the camera's system is Armed, Snoozeappears next to the Running Man icon (Motion Detection) .
- By default, this icon is gray (Snooze is off).
- If the Running Man icon is gray (Motion Detection is off) , the Snooze icon does not display.
- Tap Snooze and the bell turns solid blue. A message displays asking you to choose how long you want the Snooze to last. Select 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Use the checkbox to apply the selected Snooze time to all other cameras on the system that currently have Snooze active.
- When Snooze is active, the icon turns solid blue . Tap an active snooze to end it early. A confirmation message displays the amount of Snooze time remaining. You can tap the x in the upper-right hand corner to continue the active snooze or tap End Snooze.
- The Snooze icon will switch back to gray .
- Tap the checkbox to end Snooze for all cameras on the system.
Alexa Snooze Notifications
Alexa will continue announcing events even if you have turned on Snooze notifications for your camera or system. To turn off Alexa Motion Announcements, follow these steps:
- Go to the Alexa app.
- Go to Settings > Device Settings.
- Select the device you want to stop the announcements for.
- Under ANNOUNCEMENTS, turn off Motion Announcements.
If you want Alexa to resume announcing motion notifications, you must turn on Motion Announcements in the Alexa app.