Use this article to understand how to arm and disarm your Blink system for motion detection using the Blink app.
When you first set up your Blink system, your system is Disarmed by default.
Arm your system by tapping Armed at the bottom of the Home screen. A message will display confirming that your system has been Armed or Disarmed.
Once your system is Armed, any motion detected by your cameras will send a notification to your mobile device.
- Depending if you are either subscribed to a Blink Plan or using Local Storage, a motion clip is recorded to the Clips section of the app.
- If you are not subscribing to a Blink Plan and do not have local storage, no motion clips are saved.
Armed system camera icons
When your system is Armed, two icons appear. The Snooze icon and the Running man .
- Learn more about enabling Motion Detection.
- Learn more about Snoozing Motion Detection.
- Learn more about viewing motion clips and Live Views.
- Learn more about receiving notifications when Blink detects motion.
- Learn more about Activity Zones so you can stop motion alerts from a part of the camera view.