Use this article to understand how to use Snooze for motion-activated notifications. The Snooze option allows you to temporarily pause motion event notifications being sent to your mobile device.
For example, if you are receiving too many motion notifications from your camera you can temporarily stop receiving all motion notifications. The camera; however, will continue to record clips.
Since Snooze is on a timer, it will automatically disable the pause after the desired length of time is reached.
- The length of time is 30 minutes. You can also select 1, 2, 3, or 4 hour increments.
- If you are subscribing to a Blink plan, you can use Custom Snooze, that lets you specify the length in 1-minute increments up to 24 hours.
Turning on Snooze Notifications
- On your camera's thumbnail, tap More
- Tap the Notification Snooze button. Choose how long you want the Snooze to last.
- Select 30 minutes (default) or up to 4 hours. If you want to cancel, tap the back arrow.
- Once you've chosen your snooze length, tap Start Snooze.
- If you'd like the Snooze to apply to all of the cameras in your system, check the box next to Apply to all devices.
- When your camera's notifications are being Snoozed, the Notification Snooze icon will appear to the left of Motion Detection .
Turning off Snooze Notifications
- When Snooze is active, the icon turns solid blue . Tap an active snooze to end it early. A confirmation message displays the amount of Snooze time remaining. You can tap the X in the upper-right hand corner to continue the active snooze or select End Snooze.
- The Snooze icon will switch back to gray .
- Tap the Apply to all devices checkbox to end Snooze for all cameras on the system.
Alexa Snooze Notifications
Alexa will continue announcing events even if you have turned on Snooze notifications for your camera or system. To turn off Alexa Motion Announcements, follow these steps:
- Go to the Alexa app.
- Go to Settings > Device Settings.
- Select the device you want to stop the announcements for.
- Under ANNOUNCEMENTS, turn off Motion Announcements.
If you want Alexa to resume announcing motion notifications, you must turn on Motion Announcements in the Alexa app.Delete
Setting a Custom Snooze notification
When you have a Blink Plus Subscription Plan or trial, you can set a Custom time frame for snoozing your motion notifications and enter any time increment from 1 minute and up to 24 hours. Learn more about Blink Subscription Plans extra features and benefits for your devices.
1. Tap the More button on the home screen and select Notification Snooze and then Custom.
2. Select the amount of time to Snooze your notifications and then tap Start Snooze. You have the flexibility to select any time between 1 minute and 24 hours to stop your notifications.
Your set custom Snooze time will then appear as a notification on the Home screen.