Use this article to understand how to set and reset Activity Zones in the Blink app.
Activity Zones let you mask off certain regions to selectively prevent motion alerts. This can help with excessive motion clips or false alerts. For example, if you are using your cameras outside and you have a tree or bush that is triggering unwanted motion clips, adjusting your Activity Zones can prevent this.
If you want to completely block off an area from being recorded by cameras, you'll want to add a Privacy Zone instead. Learn about on-camera Privacy Zones available on the Blink Indoor (Generation 2) and Outdoor cameras.
Creating an Activity Zone
1. To use Activity Zones, tap the Camera Settings icon above the feed of the camera you want to change.
2. From Camera Settings, tap Activity Zones.
3. On the Activity Zones screen, you will see a still image of the camera feed with a grid pattern overlapping it.
Optional: Tap Update Photo to refresh your feed image.
4. Select your desired inactive Activity Zones by tapping on the rectangle you would like to isolate. A selected area will become grayed out. The area within the gray square will not detect motion, even if motion occurs.
In the example below, bushes and plants are chosen as inactive Activity Zones since these outdoor elements may cause unnecessary motion events.
Optional: Basic and Advanced options are included for Blink Indoor (Generation 2), Outdoor, and XT2 cameras.
Advanced mode allows you to zoom into the feed photo for more precise zone selection. Swipe to move the view and tap to select areas that are active or inactive for motion detection. When you're done, tap Save.
5. After you've selected your desired inactive Activity Zones, tap Done. To make all zones active and restart the process, tap Reset Zones.
6. Back on the Camera Settings screen, you will notice the grid pattern now reflects the areas you have set for the active and inactive Activity Zones.