Use this article to connect your Blink Video Doorbell to a new Wi-Fi network or reconnect to your existing network.
If you are seeing a "Doorbell Offline" message, tap the banner and you will be guided through changing your Wi-Fi network in the app. Note: You will need to remove doorbell from the mounting plate and press the reset button on the back of the doorbell.
If you deleted the doorbell, try through the app and do the change Wi-Fi steps. If your doorbell is offline, then you will need to reset it before following these steps.
Change Doorbell Wi-Fi
Note: These directions apply to when your Doorbell is a stand alone system and not part of another system on a Sync Module.
- Locate the Doorbell camera on your Home screen. Tap More and select Device Settings .
- Tap General Settings.
- Tap Change Wi-Fi at the bottom of the screen then complete the steps.
- For safety, if you have connected powered wiring to your doorbell, you should turn off all power to the circuit. Tap Continue after you turn off power to the chime, or if you did not connect powered wiring.
- Remove the doorbell from its mounting plate with the opening key.
- When the doorbell is removed, tap Continue, and the next screen shows where to find the Reset button.
Press the reset button for your doorbell. There are two locations for the reset button, depending on your model:
On the back, batteries are open to view. On the back, there is a battery cover. Hold the reset button for 5 seconds, then turn the doorbell over to view the front face and wait for the red LED to flash at the top of the ring surrounding the button. Hold the reset button until green and blue LEDs light up followed by flashing red, at the top of the ring surround.
When the flashing LED pattern is correct, tap the Discover Device button.
Not blinking red?
If the red LED is not flashing after 30 seconds, tap the Not Blinking Red?
- Remove the batteries for ten seconds, replace them, wait for the red LED. (The red LED does not flash if the doorbell is already installed.)
- Make sure the batteries are fresh.
- Press and hold the reset button until the LED flashes red.
Tap Contact Customer Support if your doorbell still does not display the flashing red light after following the instructions above.
You are shown an alert inviting you to connect to a "BLINK-xxxx" network created by the doorbell. Tap Join.
Connect the doorbell to your Wi-Fi. Choose your network name among the list of discovered 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks.
Note: If you do not see your Wi-Fi network, tap Refresh List.
Tap the password entry area to open the keyboard. Type your network password and tap Continue.
The doorbell connects to the Blink servers and may have to update the system. If you see an "Updating firmware..." message, let it run to completion.
When the Wi-Fi network update is complete, you are shown a screen with a green check mark and a confirmation message. Tap Continue.
Connect the doorbell to its mounting plate, and tap Done to return to the Home screen.