If your Sync Module loses its internet connection, the following changes will occur in the Blink app:
- A "Sync Module Offline" banner will appear at the top of the screen.
- The thumbnails of each camera will blur and display a "Sync Module is Offline" message in the center.
If your Sync Module is not connecting to your Wi-Fi network, try these steps:
- Reboot Wi-Fi Router: Reboot your router and wait until the internet connection is restored.
- Power-Cycle Sync Module: Unplug the Sync Module for five seconds, then plug it back in. You should see a solid blue light above a green light within a minute or two.
Note: If you observe a light pattern other than a solid blue light above a solid green light, you may need to update the Wi-Fi settings for your Sync Module. To do so, you must be physically present at the location where the Sync Module is set up.
If the issue persists, you will need to delete and reinstall your Sync Module as outlined in the steps below.
Deleting Sync Module
1. Tap on the Sync Module Offline banner at the top of the Blink app.
2. Tap Sync Module Status to navigate to Sync Module settings.
3. Tap Delete Sync Module.
4. A popup will appear, suggesting you contact Customer Service. Tap OK to dismiss the popup.
5. To proceed with deletion, you’ll need to enter or scan the Sync Module’s serial number, which can be found on its back. Once entered, tap Continue.
6. A confirmation screen will appear, asking you to verify the deletion of the Sync Module. Tap the DELETE button to complete the process.
After deleting the Sync Module, it will be removed from your account. However, the system to which the Sync Module was connected, as well as any associated cameras and accessories, will remain.
Reconnecting a Sync Module will restore normal camera functionality. Learn how to add a Sync Module to your Blink system.