If the Sync Module is not connecting to your Wi-Fi network, it is easiest to follow the troubleshooting steps below.
- Reboot your Wi-Fi router and wait for the internet connection to resume.
- Power cycle the Sync Module by unplugging power for five seconds and then plug it in.
After a minute or two, the result should be a solid blue light above a solid green light on the Sync Module.
If there is any other light pattern, it may be necessary to delete the Sync Module from your system and set it up again. Perform these steps when you are physically with the Sync Module in the location where you want to set it up.
To quickly remove a Sync Module and all associated devices, you can delete the entire system. Learn how to delete a system.
Is your Sync Module connected
When a Sync Module is not connected to the internet, the Blink app displays a banner and dims the thumbnail of affected cameras. You are notified according to the preferences you have set. Learn more about Blink app notification settings.
To delete and reinstall your Sync Module
1. To start, tap the Sync Module Offline banner. You are sent to the Sync Module details screen.
2. If you updated the Wi-Fi network password, tap Change Wi-Fi Network and follow the instructions. Otherwise, tap Delete Sync Module. A popup will appear suggesting you contact Customer Service. Dismiss the popup by tapping OK.
3. To delete a Sync Module, you are required to scan or enter its serial number. Scan the QR code on the back of the Sync Module or enter the serial number directly. Learn more about where to find Device Serial Numbers. If you entered it manually, tap Continue.
4. A final popup will appear asking if you are sure. Tap Delete.
The Sync Module is deleted from your account, but the system your Sync Module was attached to remains untouched, along with any associated cameras or other devices. Since certain cameras require a Sync Module to work, they will cease function until a Sync Module is added back onto the system.
5. Add the Sync Module by tapping Add Device + in the upper right of the Home screen.
6. Tap Sync Module.
7. Use your camera to scan the QR code, or enter the serial number manually. If you entered it manually, tap Continue.
8. Select the system for the Sync Module to associate with. Create a new system, or select from a list of existing systems on the account. In most cases, you will will want to choose the system your Sync Module was previously attached to.
9. The app will ask you to plug in your Sync Module or Mini Camera, if it is not already. About 30 seconds after being plugged in, a flashing blue light and solid green light pattern appears. It is important that the light pattern is present, otherwise you may have to contact support. When you see this light pattern, tap Discover Device in the Blink app.
Note: If you don't see the blinking blue light pattern, then you may need to reset the Sync Module. Learn more about how to reset the Sync Module.
If you have already reset the Sync Module and the blinking light pattern does not occur, contact support.
10. The app will ask if you want to join Wi-Fi Network "Blink-####”, where #### relates to the serial number of the device you are adding.