When a Sync Module is not connected to the internet, the Blink app displays a banner and dims the thumbnail of affected cameras and displays a Sync Module Offline message.
If the Sync Module is not connecting to your Wi-Fi network, try these steps.
- Reboot your Wi-Fi router and wait for the internet connection to resume.
- Power cycle the Sync Module by unplugging power for five seconds and then plug it back in.
After a minute or two, the result should be a solid blue light above a solid green light on the Sync Module.
If there is any other light pattern, it may be necessary to update your Wi-Fi. You must update your Wi-Fi when you are physically with the Sync Module in the location where you want to set it up.
Caution: Only proceed if your system is not working as expected, or if you are making network changes such as moving to a new Wi-Fi network, or updating your network password.
To delete and reinstall your Sync Module
1. To start, tap the Sync Module Offline banner to display the Sync Module screen.
2. If you are updating the Wi-Fi password, tap Change Wi-Fi Network and follow the instructions. Otherwise, tap Delete Sync Module.
You are then presented with a popup suggesting you contact Customer Service.
Dismiss the popup by tapping Ok.
3. To delete a Sync Module, you are required to enter or scan its serial number. The number label can be found on the back of the Sync Module.
When entered, tap Continue.
4. A confirmation to delete screen displays. Tap DELETE.
The Sync Module is deleted from your account. The System your Sync Module was attached to still exists, along with any associated cameras or other devices. A connected Sync Module returns the cameras to normal function.
5. To add a Sync Module, navigate to the Home screen and tap the Add device + button in the upper right to display the Add Device screen.
7. Use your camera to scan the QR code, or enter the serial number manually. The Sync Module serial number is on the back, and begins S/N 2 followed by eight digits. The Mini camera serial number is just below the QR code.
If you do not see this pattern, please contact support.
Note: If you don't see the above blinking blue light pattern, then you may need to reset the sync module. Click here for more information.
10. The app prompt states: “Blink" Wants to Join Wi-Fi Network "Blink-####”, where #### relates to the serial number of the device you are adding.