If the Sync Module is not connecting to your Wi-Fi network, it is easiest to follow the troubleshooting steps below (more detail here):
After a minute or two, the result should be a solid blue light above a solid green light on the Sync Module.
If there is any other light pattern, it may be necessary to delete the Sync Module and set it up again. Perform these steps when you are physically with the Sync Module in the location where you want to set it up.
To quickly remove a Sync Module with its associated devices and settings, you can delete the System, learn more here.
Caution: Only proceed if your system is not working as expected, or if you are making network changes such as a new location or Wi-Fi password update.
When a Sync Module is not connected to the internet, the Blink app displays a banner and dims the thumbnail of affected cameras. You are notified according to the preferences you have set. Learn more about notifications here.
1. To start, tap the ? icon on the "Sync Module Offline" banner. You are sent to the Sync Module details screen.
2. If you are only updating the Wi-Fi password, tap Change Wi-Fi Network and follow the instructions. Otherwise, tap Delete Sync Module.
You are then presented with a popup suggesting you contact Customer Service.
Dismiss the popup by tapping Ok.
3. To delete a Sync Module, you are required to enter or scan its serial number. The number label can be found on the back of the Sync Module.
When entered, tap Continue.
4. You are presented with a final popup asking if you are sure.
The Sync Module is deleted from your account. The System your Sync Module was attached to still exists, along with any associated cameras or other devices. A connected Sync Module will return the cameras to normal function.
5. To add a Sync Module, navigate to the Home screen and tap the "add device" + button in the upper right. You are sent to the Add Device screen.
Note: If you don't see the above blinking blue light pattern, then you may need to reset the sync module. Click here for more information.
*You will be asked to provide a code before running the test. Enter in the code "BLNK".